Sunday 25 May 2008

Big Foot in De Hooi

During a beer at De Hooi on Saturday night I met the same guy who had been discussing Marsh Arabs with me a few months back. Despite the fact that I think he is a bit off a dick, I was intrigued when he launched off on a new topic- “Big Foot Sighting’s in Sumatra”

Nearly choking on the Bintang I responded with a quick “get the fuck out off here” and sniggered quietly in my corner. One of the company, otherwise know as “ the voice of moderation and reason “ (because she is not) was backing Pak Marsh Arab up with statistics and sightings which I imagine were Google searched from her imagination and eventually I got my iPod out, slapped the headphones on and watched an episode off “Torchwood” which probably had more realism than the ravings of that pair of lunatics.

Yesterday, as the Bintang haze lifted and the Spam Toasties which had been the breakfast fare had hit the spot, I decided to check up on these “claims” and was moderately surprised that there was in fact a rash of information on the subject on the net!

The first and most obvious was the link below, which is quite interesting but, as the links continued I discovered more UFO and Conspiracy type sites with little snippets of information, even a BBC News report from 2006 in nearby Malaysia, not any hard evidence, but enough to dig deeper.

Bigfoot in Duri

Where the money started to roll in was with a link, suggesting that there was an Indonesian Creature known as “Orang Pedek” which has been hunted by scientist s for years and ironically, may actually have more than an aurora of evidence about it.

Seems, there is a possible link from the Hobbits of Flores (Homo Floresiensis) to these creatures, not that they are anywhere near the height of the Yeti or Sasquatch, more like one meter high with the ability to walk bipedally in a proper human fashion rather than an ape like gait! This led me onto this website, which I actually quite enjoyed.

Project Orang Pendek

Project Orang Pendek is worth a view as there is a lot of other information contained within (check the embedded links), I recommend a visit.

Far as I am concerned, the results are not yet in for this one, but, I may listen a little bit more to "Pak Marsh Arab" and "The Voice of Moderation and Reason" because, although they do spout a load of shit, checking up on it afterwards can be fun!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Very funny cartoon...and to think it all started with a bintang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the cartoon while performing mt "research". There were other images which I definately could not post!

    ReplyDelete