Monday 21 January 2008

Shitters and Critters

Are you happy with where you stay?

Accommodation throughout Asia can be either first class or downright shitty. I have, so far been lucky apart from the occasional leak during the tropical rainstorm, lightning strikes which kill all forms off electronic communication and an electrical circuit which does not have an earth and offers the odd “tingle” when touching the metal chassis of my iPod when recharging it.

However, last night, I discovered that there are “shittier” places to stay. After my “ablutions” (read having a crap) I decided to give the bowl a once around with the toilet brush, when much to my horror, I discovered a little gecko swimming in the shitter. It appears he was living inside the brush!

Adopting a “Baywatch” stance, I lowered the brush back into the maelstrom and urged the little critter to grab onto the lifeline. After 15 seconds of high seas terror he finally swam for it and was “brush-lifted” to safety.

Safely back in his accommodation it appeared that he was none the worse for wear apart from the normal missing tail.

Photobucket

If you ever worry about your accommodation, don’t, I know someone that lives in a far worse place!

3 comments:

  1. That's a cutey, but it needs to know where home is.

    How did you sort the situation out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After returning him (or her) safely to the toilet brush holder I think our friend saw the error in choice of accomodation and moved out!

    Has not been seen since, but, I think the mother is one of the culprits who awakens me at night with her "barking" outside my window.

    ReplyDelete