Saturday 9 August 2008

Bali Bombers file "Torture" Appeal over looming execution.

The three convicted Bali bombers filed a petition against firing squads in Indonesia's constitutional court Wednesday in a last-ditch bid to stave off their executions, lawyers said.

The members of the Islamist Jemaah Islamiyah network -- Amrozi, Imam Samudra and Ali Ghufron -- are awaiting execution over the 2002 bombings on the resort island that killed more than 200 people, most of them foreign tourists.

After exhausting their last appeals, they have now asked the constitutional court to rule on whether firing squads were a form of torture, their lawyers said. Lawyer Wirawan Adnan said the men wanted to be able to listen to some calming Celine Dion while being done away with!

Steve Jobs has offered a solution free off charge to the three!

Photobucket

The iSquad!

I think I'd prefer the shooting without Celine, but hey, it's all about how you define torture!

10 comments:

  1. tell me you made up the Celine Dion part??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tree, there is an internet expression "LOL" which I never use, but on this occassion I genuinely cracked up on reading your comment...

    Still fucking giggling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but you did, right?

    ho, you worry me there for a sec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guilty as charged!

    It was either her or Barry Manilow but I remembered the USA had used Barry when getting Noriega out of his hidey hole so Celine it was!

    Promise me you don't like her music...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember having attended one of her concert. Somewhat too drugged to recall the details but i don't think i like it. I certainly despise the people who like it.

    I might make em a mixed tape, full of Kenny G and Debby Gibson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rolf Harris doing "Stairway to Heaven" must qualify as Cruel and Unusual punishment, much more so the poor Celine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah, at least Rolf was covering a class song!

    Mind you, The Birdie Song would be my preferred candidate, imagine the three of them, trussed to the post, trying to do the Birdie Dance while the bulets rack their bodies...

    That would be a YouTube moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd offer them Flower of Scotland. No quantity of beer raises it from the maudlin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Glider, got to agree with you there! Hows Doha?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doha's winding down for Ramadan (starts Sep 1). But at least I'm getting in some music these days, playing in the bar every other Saturday afternoon. Keeps me off the streets.

    ReplyDelete