Monday 7 April 2008

Another one bites the dust!

Chuck Heston aside, a friend of mine also died yesterday, a Kiwi named Wayne Eglinton. Unfortunately he died from electrocution while attempting to repair his pools water pump.

I have no idea what could have gone wrong, but I do know he will be missed by many.

There was a wake at Club Azure this evening but, I was caught up in work and am typing this at 19:00 hrs in my car on the way back from work.

I never ever got the chance to tell him about the dodgy No1 Wood in the set of golf clubs I bought from him, I think it may be better to let the matter rest,

RIP Wayne

4 comments:

  1. was this the wayne eglinton who used to work at ibm in Sydney??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was Nick, I believe that it took a while to sort the pension out, but, finally I think the monies were arranged for his survivors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that info. I,ll inform any of his friends that I can. He was a good friend. What was he doing in Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne was a partner in a company installing Telecommunication masts. He was doing quite well.....

    ReplyDelete