Friday 22 February 2008

Dont post if you're not like me!

Recently in the Jakarta Post a letter was printed which made me shiver in a kind of “I hope I never meet this fuckwit on a dark night” kind of manner.

Apparently, a Christian (Horror of Horrors) Foreigner (even worse) decided to post a letter (Sorry, never saw the original but it must have been a good one ) which irked this idiot so much he decided to put pen to paper.

Here is the Letter

“This refers to the letter published in The Jakarta Post on Feb. 13, which was sent in by XXXX

It was his point of view that reflects his Catholic teachings, but he must be very clear that Muslims have their own way of practicing and respecting religion which Islam has taught them, so we don't need advice from a Catholic on what to do and how we (Muslims) should react to these kinds of matters.”

I presume he was not referring to reactions like those seen in this little beauty!



So on he continues….

“Indonesia is a Muslim dominant country and The Jakarta Post should not encourage people like XXXX who have nothing to do with this country and with our community. Please, don't create tension between communities by printing this kind of stuff which humiliates anybody or religion.”

Emm, Err, hold on a minute, The Jakarta Post takes care in ensuring that nothing argumentative or divisive is posted, wonder what XXXX posted that got this idiot all wound up….

And finally, the “veiled threat” ……

“These kinds of matters are not negotiable at any cost. I hereby advise and suggest you take notice of this and stop publishing this kind of material sent by someone who is not important to us Indonesians (Muslims).”

Almost makes me want to send a letter, which off course will not be printed. I have a note of this fuckwits name and will keep an eager eye out for any updates as I think he may be one to watch!

3 comments:

  1. i dont care with the rest of your post. i'm more intrigued by ppl reaction when they watch 2 girls 1 cup. classic!!

    i'm an indonesian muslim so this is not negotiable, comprende?

    nitwit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anon, I do not block any comments and I agree with the reactions to cupchicks....

    Nitwit is OK, I have been called worse! I do try very hard to avoid any religious issues and present idiocy in a format where anyone can understand without being offended.

    In the case of this post, the original idiot offended what I considered as the right to free speech!

    PS: Next time leave a name, better still strat blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Effing keyboard - start blogging!

    ReplyDelete