Wednesday 12 March 2008

On Chemical Warfare

The House of Representatives here in Indonesia unanimously endorsed a bill that allows the use of the death sentence to individuals who develop, produce and possess chemical weapons.

The bill as ratified says the use, transfer and acts to facilitate the use of chemical weapons will be punishable by sentences ranging from four years' imprisonment to capital punishment. The bill also bans individuals from involvement in the use of chemical weapons for military purposes.

While the bill bans trafficking of deadly toxic chemicals, it orders the strict control of the use of the least dangerous chemicals for industrial, medical, research, agricultural, pharmaceutical and defense purposes.

This is where I take a step back and question this issue. Where does Sambal stand within this legislation.?

Photobucket

If you are like me, willing to try anything, but “once bitten, twice shy” you may be an individual who considers Sambal to be at the same threat level to my continued existence as Nuclear Toxins and Cyanide.

I have seen what Sambal can do, I have witnessed the depravity that follows in its wake, it is an evil corruptor of youth, creates addicts and ultimately can cause physical pain.

Put plainly, it burns at both ends.

Photobucket

This is no industry which hides in the Bolivian Jungle, the dealers openly market their deadly wares on the cities streets, and the police, as usual they turn a blind eye (in reality they are probably using the stuff themselves.

Photobucket

Everyday, millions of Indonesians consume huge quantities of this poison, not caring a whit about the side effects and consequences. Perhaps this is one of the reasons for the attitudes and general behaviour of the population. As shown above, the side effects of Sambal use can create many strange "dishes"

I for one will avoid this menace, take my advice!

Just Say No!

As an aside while researching this article, Google Image Search produced many images like this.

Photobucket

Given the choice between the differing "Sambals" I know which one I would opt for!

4 comments:

  1. do you know that chili is one of the best natural aphrodisiac?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dil, chili is good for the health, it has many benefits i.e. burns calories.
    women are a health hazard, they burn the contents of your wallet (so my dad says) :p

    -bruxellois-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tree...I'll take your word for it, but I do nor recommend any form of foreplay after chopping Chilli's

    Rima...on the subject of health hazards, I completely agree, your father is a wise man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. on the topic of foreplay after chopping/eating chili, I second that notion.

    Let's just say, I had a very spicy night of foreplay once, certainly a night to remember.. lol

    ReplyDelete