Thursday 27 August 2009

When is a chicken not a chicken.

The Bugils Group owns a number of good bars here in Jakarta and truth be told I frequent two of them on a regular basis.

I am apparently well known in De Hooi and Eastern Promise, an irregular visitor to Cazbar but, unknown in the One Tree bar in Block M.

Block M, or more specifically Jalan Faletehan, the street One Tree Bar and many others are situated in has a reputation for friendliness which can be purchased, the purveyors of such affection are known as "Ayam" (Chickens) and they contribute a great deal to the street's popularity.

One Tree Bar has until now been Ayam free but, it appears that may no longer be the case. The bars latest promotion had me scratching my head......

Photobucket

However, in fairness they do operate under an equal opportunities programme which forbids sexual discrimination. I am sure that Monday nights in One Tree must be a delight for us straights and rugmunchers alike!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. And I thought Helga's 'chickens' were a Paranormal patent. At least you have open bars. Qatar has closed for Ramadan :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sat hello to Gerry McGeechan for me :) If he is still there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the poofters then? Every Wednesday Harry could advertise a "spit roast" out the back before the quiz.
    I'm not one myself you understand but............!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrong Bar, Harry is in De Hooi, Jeroen would need to be consulted on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be up for free drinkiepoos then. I am a bloke but I think I might be a lesbian 'cos I like doing all the things they like to do! How do they prove it anyway? Do they have to chew on a "furburger" live in the bar ? That'll pull more than enough punters in to cover the costs of the drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the words of gloria gaynor:
    Ayam what ayam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will, but not till the bars re-open after Ramadan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you really should be doing the programs there. beside, you can't do a "One Tree" and not have a treespotter around.

    just not right.


    PS: I'm closer to de Hooi, so it's easier. r u still in thailand?

    ReplyDelete