Sunday 29 March 2009

Putting things in perspective - Situ Gintung

Despite how close I live to the site of Friday's tragedy, I could not bring myself to visit, not wishing to to infringe on either the rescue operations or the funerals which were taking place.


It is said that a picture tells a thousand words and these images from a young Indonesian girl called  Maria Yuniar are both telling and poignant.....Maria has been involved in disaster management and at one point was a a freelance photographer. 


Her shots are printed with her permission and her title for these images was Tears of Situ Gintung

Photobucket


What was once......

Photobucket


Smashed

Photobucket


Hunting

Photobucket


Lost

Photobucket


What was once....

Photobucket

Covered

Photobucket

Clean Up

Photobucket

Prayers

Photobucket

Devastation

Photobucket

What was once!

2 comments:

  1. Ross,
    thanks for posting them :)

    I hope the donation will come continuously...
    and won't stop when the election's done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see that "Agus Fuckwitt" wasn't involved.....

    Sorry couldn't make BKK - have ended up running up a new factory 10 minutes from home in glorious cider country and the next batch is doing swimmingly.

    I'm supposed to send some up for pitchfork, I'll send a big bottle and you can tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete