Sunday 25 January 2009

Gong Xi Fat Choi

Which says it's time for Chinese New Year....

A girl I know called Kristine in the USA had mentioned that she was jealous of my living here and I promised to get some Lion Dancing / Chinese New Year photo's so...

Photobucket

Without needing to be told one can tell Chinese New Year is on it's way as lanterns appear in the streets.

Photobucket

The Red and Gold envelopes which traditionally contain money as gifts decorate Hotel lobbies throughout Jakarta.

Photobucket

Last night the "Green Leaf" in Pondok Indah announced that they would have Dragon Dancing in the car park area.

Photobucket

The costumes were laid out in preparation.

Photobucket

I was wondering if he knew how to tie his claws...

Photobucket

Unfortunately most of the performance took place inside. (Loved the kid at the side in this shot)

Photobucket

Through doors festooned with (illegal) firecrackers the dragons entered

Photobucket

The main show was not due to start for another 3 hours but, the performers put on a taster for the public.

Photobucket

There is a story being told but I am buggered if I know what it's about.

Photobucket

The locals seemed to understand it and I think this guy was passing a tip to the two kids inside.

It would have been good to stay a while longer but if I had stayed in the bar for another three hours it may not have mattered as I would have been to smashed to watch the rest!

1 comment: