Wednesday 31 December 2008

Warm again!

Sorry, been on a trip to Scotland over Christmas. Not much I can say as my mother reads the shite I post here.

Scotland itself was great, however, you can keep the travelling. The temperature was not in the 30's as one can imagine and I guess my mother's central heating bill may have risen during my stay!

I'll get back up to date shortly, but, in the meantime!

Photobucket

The trip to Scotland was supposed to be so that my daughter could see real snow, but alas that was not to be. Despite low temperatures there was no precipitation and clear skies lasted throughout most of the stay!

Photobucket

Have to admit that it was pretty relaxing sitting watching the world go by, keeping the drinks outside also saved loading the fridge up! Beer, Wine, Cider and Irn Bru - Ice Cold on the doorstep!

Photobucket

Did some of the usual stuff, sightseeing at Stirling Castle being a bit of a treat but the majority of the time I indulged in absolutely "fuck all" ,  mostly due to my daughters constant cold, which as it worked out was probably a good thing after all!

Photobucket

Despite the full Christmas TV lineup it was more fun watching the wildlife in the back garden, although it has to be said that the squirrel population decreased mainly due to my mothers insistence on trapping and killing them after they damaged the insulation in her loft!

Photobucket 

As it goes with all things, the visit was much too short, but, on the bright side I can honestly say that it was a pleasure to travel on roads with considerate drivers and virtualy zero pollution anywhere.

Photobucket

It may be nice and warm here, but there are some things it is a joy to get away from every now and then!

Photobucket

So until the next time I get the chance (probably another three or four years) I'll just sit back here with my happy memories!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe - the reason why it is quiet on the roads and that drivers are considerate is because drivers in the UK can't afford to open the throttle sufficiently to run people off the roads.
    I see your mother has the same sense of quantity as my mother when it comes to judging the amount of booze necessary for a christmas piss up - she still has 4 small tins on Heineken left over from 1973 that she keeps for special occasions, and if my father pours a whiskey out, it will evaporate before it hits the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year dil!!!

    and thangs for ol de feri fany pos.. lol

    ReplyDelete